National Encounter of Physics Students
ENEF, the (Portuguese) Nacional Encounter of Physics Students, is a yearly conference for physics students by physics students which aims to promote and present the work and investigation of students within the physical sciences field as well as opportunities from both Academia and Industry.
The 3-days event is organized by Physis, the Portuguese Association of Physics Students, and this year it took place at the University of Coimbra, whose physics department helped with the organization.
Date: 20/02/2020 - 23/02/2020
This year's event featured plenty of lectures from dark matter to astronaut training through instrumentation and particle which were great opportunities to have a better grasp of new fields within physics and engineering.
We were also provided with Inside Views from the laboratories and institutes connected to the oldest university in Portugal. From those I would like to mention:
- LIP, the Portuguese Laboratory of Instrumentation and Experimental Particles Physics
- CFisUC, the Physics Centre of the University of Coimbra
- CISUC, the Centre for Informatics and Systems of the University of Coimbra
- LCM, the Laboratory for Computational Mathematics of the University of Coimbra
- CEMMPRE, the Centre for Mechanical Engineering Materials and Processes of the University of Coimbra
Finally, when it comes to scientific activities, it's also worth mentioning the workshops provided.
Having all facts considered, this events are a great way to, not only leanr more about fields directly connected to my degree, but most importantly to network with others in the field, to have a better understanding of how the physics degrees vary between Universities and to broaden horizons when it comes to future work prospects.
I look forward to next year's event.